Subject: Ugh, another Newbie...
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Curtis <unde009e@frank.mtsu.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/25/1996 17:22:21
I am new to the sun 3 world, and have considerable experience with linux
and other x86 unix variants, but am really unsure of how to get started
with these new boxes.

My new toys:

3 sun 3/60 workstations (pizzabox) 8megs RAM each with a color frame
buffer(don't know much about these, except that it has R.G.B.S in back)

1 sun 3/200 (server/deskside chasis) 16 megs RAM and various cards I
can't identify...

Each workstation has a seperate HD case which is a Micropolis 1355,
	Sun Part# 595-1358-01

The server has a large hard disk drive unit which I am told is a RAid
disk array... I'm not sure.

I don't have any removable disk drives, so I don't get the ease of a
boot/root disk combo like I'm used to...

The server does have a tape unit which shows up on /dev/st?

Where should I go from here?  How much is my new equipment worth?
Should I look into a co-processor upgrade to the 68882? Am I not asking
some important questions that I should be asking?

Please e-mail me!  Thanks in advance...

Brad Curtis

unde009e@mtsu.edu
curtisb@chattanooga.net