Subject: Returned mail: Unable to deliver mail
To: None <spase!owner-port-sun3@relay.NL.net, port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: root <root@spase.nl>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/22/1996 13:46:45
In a previous message I believe I indicated that programs were doing a
"segmentation fault".  On further reflection, I believe they were actually
giving an "Illegal Instruction" error.  (They still dumped core, but the error
was different.)

On a (somewhat?) related note:  My 3/50 is sitting here at a:

  panic: dead_badop called
  Stopped at      _Debugger+0x6:  unlk    a6
  db>

I fired up X11 on the machine (Sun 3/50, 4MB RAM, 105MB HD, DMA-fixed kernel)
before going to bed last night, and when I got up this morning it had paniced.
 This is the second time I've seen this panic now, and it occurred under
similar circumstances (Couple of xterms and fvwm running.  I suspect it died
sometime
while running /etc/daily.).

The machine will be staying at this prompt until 5pm (CST) tomorrow, so if
anyone would like some "kernel guts/contents", just let me know before 5 and
I'll be happy to provide them...

Later...

Greg Oster

oster@cs.usask.ca
Department of Computer Science
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CANADA