Subject: Re: The "everything coredumps" bug...
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/21/1996 06:48:50
>> I have a 3/60 which exhibits this bug where everything using some
>> shared-library dumps core.  I've seen it on other machines, but so
>> rarely that I could not "home in" on it.  I have greater hopes now!

> Yay!  I'm glad there's interest in fixing this problem now.

Heh, there's always been interest in fixing it, at least from me :-)
It's a pain to have to reboot three times to get a full world build to
complete.

Just now there's a relatively high chance of _gwr_ fixing it, and it's
hard to question that gwr is one of the most qualified people to do so.

>> Can anyone provide clues as to when this bug does or does not bite?

About all I can say is that it happens more under high load.  It's rare
for a full build to complete without it striking at least once.  And my
NetBSD/sun3 machine is not using NFS for anything (though it is
compiled into the kernel).

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu