Subject: Re: Booting Sun3 From Linux
To: None <anvil@tapaboy.iii.net>
From: Mark W. Eichin <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/20/1996 15:20:21
>> I don't see much about diskless booting on the web pages or FAQ.  Is
>> there a short HOWTO on how to do this?  I have a diskless Sun3 and

Look at the Xkernel-2.0 package on sunsite -- it's got everything you
need to get a sun 3/50 up an running as an X terminal using Sunos. The
easy path to netbsd is to do that *first*, once it works, then switch
over to netbsd. (At some point there will be a pure netbsd version of
this; there are a number of people here (myself included) who have
talked about putting together such a package, but my time has been
otherwise consumed...)
			_Mark_ <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
			The Herd of Kittens