Subject: Re: status of xy/xd drivers
To: dave edmondson <davided@sco.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/20/1996 09:31:40
On Tue, 20 Feb 1996 13:05:59 +0000
 dave edmondson <davided@sco.com> wrote:

 > what's the current status of the xy/xd drivers ?  are they:
 > 	- in a usable state,
 > 	- not finished, but someone's on it
 > 	- not finished, currently ignored
 > or what ?  i haven't got any scsi for my sun3, and diskless seems awfully slow
 > :-(
 >
 > if there is useful work to be done in this respect, i'd love to help.

Charles Hannum, Chuck Cranor, and I hacked on the xd driver for a while
one day a few weeks ago ... got it "almost working" ... Still a few
dvma-related oddities ... I have some local changes to my copy of the xd
driver, but Gordon has done some more work on the master version
recently.  Eventually, I'll have the chance to update my local tree at
home and I can send the changes to Gordon...