Subject: Booting Sun3 From Linux
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Johnathan Vail <anvil@tapaboy.iii.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/19/1996 16:16:32
I don't see much about diskless booting on the web pages or FAQ.  Is
there a short HOWTO on how to do this?  I have a diskless Sun3 and
diskful linux system.

I downloaded all the NetBSD Sun 3 binaries and started hooking up
bootpd but I am not sure what I need to set up.  Do I have to create
seperate Swap and Boot partitions on my linux system or can I just set
these up in the Linux filesystem?

Or if this is too difficult, what is the easiest way to get this thing
going.  Buy the Infomagic CDROM and a SCSI disk?

One last question while I am asking:  If I decide to make a diskful
system out of this can I use the SunOs format program to create the
partitions and SunOs to load up the files to create the disk for
NetBSD?

Thanks for any info here,

jv

http://www.iii.net/users/anvil		anvil@tapaboy.iii.net