Subject: still have memory errors
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@gateway.sandelman.ocunix.on.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/18/1996 14:57:03
  I'm still getting nmi errors. "machine halt" lets the PROM print
stuff out.

  I screwed around with the SIMMs a bit, and managed to make the diag
boot test identify a bad chip. I replaced that chip.
  I still get;

MEMORY ERROR!  Status D2, DVMA-BIT 0, Context 7,
  Vaddr: 1A000, Paddr: 00238000, Type 0 at 0x0E08F2CC.

-or-

MEMORY ERROR!  Status D2, DVMA-BIT 0, Context 4,
  Vaddr: E0DE000, Paddr: 00238000, Type 0 at 0x0E08F2CC.

  While moving the SIMMs around I consciously rotated the chips so
that if this is a chip problem, then I it would move. It hasn't.
  It seems to happen more when compiling.
  I have 8Mb of ram. I have another 12Mb in a bag from a sun3 at work
that lost its ethernet controller. I don't want to waste my time
putting the ram in if it is the ram decoders...
  The keyboard controller on this system is already dead, btw.
  Ideas anyone?