Subject: Xkernel & misc help . . .
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Bradford <mrbill@ionet.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/16/1996 18:05:46
(This isint' exactly netbsd related, but this is the only place I can find
 bunches of sun3-savvy people...)

I'm considering playing with XKernel until my 68881 arrives and I can install
NetBSD on my 3/50.  Am I correct in assuming that:

1.  I can load/run Xkernel and run my 3/50 as an Xterminal off of
    our SparcStation Ultra
2.  I can (during the boot process) boot xkernel off my 3/50's
    Sun "hatbox" (150mb HD, 60mb QIC tape)
3.  I can run OpenWindows off the Ultra similar to if I was sitting
    in front of the console

I think I've downloaded all the necessary stuff off the Xkernel
FTP site . . . However, I have no clue as to what to do next.
If it's quick and easy, I'll do it while waiting for that 68881.
If not, I'll just continue to use my 3/50 at 9600 baud (19200
tends to lock up the system) as a dumb terminal until the chip gets
here . . . .

Thanks!

Bill Bradford
mrbill@ionet.net
Using a 3/50, loving it, looking for another (and/or a replacement 20"
mono monitor, ECL, to replace the fading one I'm using now).