Subject: Bus Errors
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/16/1996 10:27:15
My Sun 3/60 had been up for a couple of days when I started work
on it this morning. After about twenty minutes of pootling around,
any programs less trivial than `ls' started giving me bus errors
and dumping core (including gdb :-(). I exited X and did a shutdown
-r, but after the reboot xinit still crashed with a bus error. (Gdb
started working again, but unfortunately, all of the X binaries
were stripped.) I shutdown again and this time power-cycled the
machine, and then things started working again. Any thoughts?

Also, I've noticed that tcl7.4 fails its file test, and tk4.0 fails
a whole bunch of tests. I just went ahead and installed it anyway,
but this doesn't happen on the 386 ports. I'm open to suggestions.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.