Subject: Re: Sun3/50 SCSI DMA problem - new kernel ready
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ben Cottrell <benco@ucsee.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/16/1996 09:10:15
Sorry--I meant to cc this to the list when I replied to Gordon's mail.

Gordon--
        The new kernel works wonders. Thanks so much! :-) Now my 3/50
boots faster than my big DECstation :-) THe new scsi driver makes
everything so much zippier.
        Unfortunately, the new kernel, relative to the 1.1 distribution
kernel (I was unable to compile my own kernel because it would run for
days--otherwise I'd be following -current), breaks the serial drivers.
With the 1.1 kernel, you could force both serial ports full at 38400
and it wouldn't complain--now I'm lucky if pppd can get a packet through
at 19200 without a fifo or ring overrun. Since my 3/50's major function
is a SLIP/PPP/ether gateway, this not a Good Thing :-(
        Any ideas? Thanks!

        -Ben