Subject: Re: Sun 3/60 diskless boot w/ Linux Bootserver
To: Mark W. Eichin <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
From: Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/15/1996 17:02:00
At 02:28 PM 2/15/96 -0500, Mark W. Eichin wrote:
>Another glitch to be aware of: some linux NFS servers (rpc.nfsd) don't
>allow CREATE calls on existing devices (actually NetBSD might not need
>this, but SunOS does, otherwise none of the writes to /dev/console
>work.)

        You say "some Linux NFS servers".  Is there one that will allow
netbooting of SunOS 4.x?  I've tried booting SunOS 4.x from a Linux server
and it didn't work.

Thanks.

Mike.

Mike Frisch                             Email: mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org
Northstar Technologies                 WWW: http://www.io.org/~mfrisch
Newmarket, Ontario, CANADA                      Compuserve: 76620,2534