Subject: Re: Sun 3/60 diskless boot w/ Linux Bootserver
To: None <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
From: Mark W. Eichin <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/15/1996 23:30:27
>        You say "some Linux NFS servers".  Is there one that will allow
> netbooting of SunOS 4.x?  I've tried booting SunOS 4.x from a Linux server

The one specifically included in the Xkernel-2.0 package on sunsite
should work. I discovered that the debian release 0.93r6 ships with
"Universal NFS Server, version 2.2beta5" which doesn't handle create
on existing devices, but "Universal NFS Server, version 1.5.10" that
I'm running (from a *long* time ago) works. I'm told that the current
beta and next official release of the "Universal NFS Server" will do
the right thing.

There are a bunch of people on this list who I think would be
interested in putting together a NetBSD X-terminal package; it'll be
another month or two before I get back to it myself, though.
			_Mark_ <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
			The Herd of Kittens