Subject: Re: netbsd on sun 3/50
To: None <mrbill@ionet.net>
From: None <Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/15/1996 15:46:19
Bill Bradford <mrbill@ionet.net> writes:

  > At 03:35 PM 2/14/96 PST, you wrote:
  >> Gordon:
  >> Since X is so slow on a 3/50, most of us probably won't run it on that
  >> class of machine....
  >> --Brett

  > I guess I don't fit into "most of us" . . right now I use a 3/50 at work,
  > running either X or SunView, with a 9600 (cause it wont handle
  > 19.2) direct serial link to the main Unix box, an UltraSparc.

Your running SunOs right? I have my 3/50 connected via a 38.4 kbaud
ppp link. It works pretty well with only occasional fifo overflows
(which the protocol fixes up anyway). I do use crstcts. Oh, and X
works OK too, though this *is* with expanded memory. Even a 4MB 3/50
is OK if you just use it as an X terminal (no local clients).

OBJ port-sun3:

Screenblank is weird. When run under X is seems to work OK.  Without X
once blanked, it does not wake up on keyboard input. In fact keyboard
input doesn't seem to work until it has been woken up. I wake it up
from another machine by

  rsh harold echo \> /dev/console

Ian