Subject: Re: netbsd on sun 3/50
To: Brett Glass <Brett_Glass@ccgate.infoworld.com>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/14/1996 20:39:00
On Wed, 14 Feb 1996, Brett Glass wrote:

> Since X is so slow on a 3/50, most of us probably won't run it on that
> class of machine....

It depends on what else is running. I run the X server my 3/50 at
work and it's fairly zippy. Of course, this is with a completely
stripped down kernel and nothing else running (i.e., the kit to
turn a Sun 3 into an X terminal). I'd like to see a NetBSD version
of this one day, and may even get around to doing it myself sometime
when I get some more memory and disk for my 3/60 (or someone comes
up with a cross-compilation environment so I can do the compiles
on my 486).

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.