Subject: Sun3/50 SCSI DMA problem - need guinea pigs
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/11/1996 00:25:10
I have not been able to learn much about the DMA problem on the 3/50
because I have yet to catch my 3/50 in the act of data corruption.
However, I have studied some other driver soures for the Sun3 SCSI
controller and I have a change that might avoid the H/W problem.
(At least a comment in the Sprite code suggests it might...)

I can't tell if my fix helps or not, since my 3/50 does not appear
to have the data corruption problem, but I hope some brave souls
might step forward and volunteer to test my change.  Please send
some mail if you have an 3/50, a scratch disk, and guts. 8^)

Thanks,
Gordon