Subject: SCSI
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <pappires@vortex.leg.ufrj.br>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/30/1996 13:05:58
> Has anything new been done on the si scsi driver?  I am still
> having ugly problems with my 2 ESDI drives on the emulex.  its
> not life or death if i dont get them working, but its a shame to
> leave them just sitting around.
>
> i'm still getting the 6 expect 10 message, and i can not write
> the disklabel to them with edlabel or disklabel.  i've taken them
> to a real sunos machine, and it doesnt seem to help.

And something that really makes me upset and confused: besides not properly
working, from a day to now the Sun 3/60 doesn't recognize the disk's geometry
any longer.  My 2Gb Micropolis is now recognized as a 1.2Gb because during
boot it gets 68 sectors per track instead of 109.  How can a disk that has
already worked almost OK be like this now?

> anybody have any suggestions?

Regards,
	Pappires