Subject: Re: My 3/110 woes
To: Shawn Brown <shawnb@netcom.com>
From: Christopher Masto <exidor@yiff.stu.rpi.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/24/1996 19:09:40
> I am having lots of stability problems with it.  It boots up clean perhaps
> 1 out of 3 or 4 times, and rarely stays up for more than an hour or two.
> I get different messages, sometimes I get MMU errors, sometimes (like in
> the console output below) I get fpu_emulate errors.  Most often the system

Sounds very similar to the problem I had on my 3/280 about 5 minutes
ago as I tried to reply the first time.. seems to have been due to a
loose card.  Make sure you tighten those VME monsters as well as
possible.

> doesn't panic, just everything I try and run either dumps core or complains
> of illegal instructions.

Sounds very similar to the problem I used to have when I was running
diskless.. I thought it was due to the Linux NFS server.