Subject: Re: It crashed again (after trying new kernel)! =(
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ben Cottrell <benco@ucsee.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/21/1996 13:03:37
> savecore: cannot open Nq_dumpdev_dumplo_time_dumpsize_version_panicstr_dumpmagsavecorecdfN:vzreboot: no such file
> anic:: not found
> [and other weird stuff]

This sounds eerily like the time I decided to enable the faster
SCSI options in my vanilla 1.1 kernel... I set si_options to 3
and rebooted... it just went crazy. It looked to me like after
the initial bit where it worked fine, it was just reading and
writing utter trash to the disk. Ended up having to newfs one of
my user data partitions :-( Luckily I had backups :-)

I just ignored it--because at that time the si driver was still
very much under development and everyone was talking about how
it was crashing their machines left and right, and I didn't see
the point of adding another horror story.

But if the problem is still there in -current (my 3/50 is too
slow to keep up with -current... maybe I should set up a cross-
compilation system), maybe there's a unique problem.

	-Ben