Subject: Re: Some good news and some scsi news.
To: None <trent@rmci.net, Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/15/1996 16:21:31
Two comments on this...

> Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 13:52:50 -0700 (MST)
> From: Trent McNair <trent@rmci.net>

> On Mon, 15 Jan 1996, Ian Dall wrote:
>
> > Trent McNair wrote:
> >   > Now when I boot the miniroot I have problems.  I get alot -o- garbage
> >   > that looks alot like this:
> >
> >   > asTdsLKJkhlHkl :not found (failed grep stuff?)
> >
> > Yes, this is like what I saw. Try doing L1 A before responding to the
> > prompt on which shell to use. Then set si_options to 0 and continue.

The better way to change si_options for a single kernel run is to
boot the kernel with the "-d" flag: (so it will stop in ddb)
	b le()netbsd -ds
When you get the "db>" prompt, say:
	db> w si_options 0
or whatever you want, then "continue" to let it go on.

> I am using a terminal for my console, is there a way of doing this from a
> terminal?  I don't think there's a sun 19' mono monitor in the whole
> state of Idaho (I do have the keyboard though).

The equivalent on a terminal is to send a "line break"
(we need an FAQ soon...)

> I have been running it via nfs till now, and will lose my server upon
> moving to Utah in 3 weeks, so I do hope to get this working. Thanks for
> the input!
>
> Trent
> trent@rmci.net

"Eat, drink, and be merry, for you could be in Utah."
Gordon