Subject: Re: On the Kernel config file
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Mauricio Tavares <raub@kushana.aero.ufl.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/15/1996 15:22:46
While shopping for shruberries, Jason Thorpe pondered:

> On Sun, 14 Jan 1996 23:00:41 -0500 (EST)
>  raub@kushana.aero.ufl.edu (Mauricio Tavares) wrote:
>
>  > config		netbsd swap generic
>  >
> The "config ..." line configures root/swap/dump in your kernel.

	What would the "generic" option do?

options       FPU_EMULATE

	About this option, since I do have a 68881 I can safely comment
it out, right?

	Other than the above, I think I am quite happy with the kernel
config now.  For now I am letting it build a new kernel with the DMA
enabled.  Only after that is running I will bother about doing other
modifications.  After all, just the make has been running since 9am of
today and does not seem to be done in the next hour or so.  I'm really
happy I do not have to babysit the machine while it builds the new
kernel...

--

| Mauricio Tavares          | "We will attack...                          |