Subject: Re: Problems with disk
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Trent McNair <trent@rmci.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/14/1996 11:16:10
I have had a terrible morning.  My drive still does't work, I think it's
a hardware problem.  I can write very small programs to the swap
partition, but anything over about 50k fails.  When I try to run fsck I
get all kinds of errors (i.e. cant read, cant write, soft error, blah blah).

So today I'm going over to my brothers house to use his ps scsi
controller to format my drive.  I would be worried about doing something
wrong but I'm about to chuck the drive out the window anyway.

Does anyone know some parameters upon formating that will make the drive
friendly with NeBSD? Just some generalities.

Thanks,

Trent McNair
trent@rmci.net