Subject: Re: Sun compatability...
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/13/1996 15:51:14
> In particular, I seem to recall hearing that the 3x (3/80?) can't run
> netbsd - I'd love to know why, or how hard it is to fix, or whether
> it's simply not true.

Last I recall hearing, the sun3x kernel architecture (the -3/80 being
the only example I know of) was not supported.  Fuzzy memory says the
reasons are hardware ugliness, lack of docs, and lack of time/effort.

I too would love to see NetBSD/sun3x work; we have a semi-orphan -3/80
at work that would benefit from a real OS.  I think I even once offered
to test stuff for someone, but (as I expected) it wasn't to the point
where such offers were useful yet.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu