Subject: Re: I am booting from the disk, but...
To: None <raub@kushana.aero.ufl.edu>
From: Mark W. Eichin <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/09/1996 13:21:56
> for the drive, found in Seagate's ftp site, claims the drive has 155MB
> formatted capacity.  I set the drive parameters using edlabel according
and
> eventually began paying attention to the boot messages.  One of those
> claimed the drive to be 148MB instead of 155.  So, just for the fun of
> it, I repartitioned it using that value.  Guess what?  It worked!

Well, 148 * 1024 * 1024 = 155,189,248. I'm afraid you've fallen prey
to the fact that most (perhaps all, now that Toshiba does it too)
manufacturers consider MB to mean Million Bytes, ie. 10**6, instead of
MegaBytes, which we expect to mean 2**20.

			_Mark_ <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
			The Herd of Kittens