Subject: FS 3/60 tape drive (was: Where to get install tape?)
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/09/1996 00:23:31
In article <2.2.32.19960108214538.006af608@ionet.net>,
Bill Bradford  <mrbill@ionet.net> wrote:
> Unfortunately, I don't have enough free hard drive space and/or the required
> connectivity to download the files to MAKE a tape, and I have no blank tapes
> either (only tapes I have are the two SunOS 4.1.1 tapes).  Anybody out there
> willing to "burn" me a tape(s), if i send some money to cover the cost of the
> blank tape and their time invested?

If you'll all forgive an off-topic message: I have a good 60M
tape drive from a Sun 3 shoebox with a SCSI-to-tape adaptor, and if
anyone here with the opposite problem (good controller, dead or worn out
drive) wants the drive, I'd be willing to let it go cheaply (maybe $30
plus shipping?) to a NetBSD/sun3 user.  You can have the controller too,
if you want to try to fix it. There's at least a fried resistor, who
and who knows what else. As far as I recall the drive was unplugged from
the controller when I fried it (sigh) so it should be fine. If you're
willing to use it to make NetBSD install tapes for sun3 users at a
reasonable price, I could probably be talked into letting it go for even
less.