Subject: Re: netboots until...
To: Gordon Ross <gwr@mc.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/08/1996 10:55:18
On Mon, 8 Jan 96 11:54:10 EST
 "Gordon W. Ross" <gwr@mc.com> wrote:

 > Does anyone have the diffs to fix the FreeBSD mountd?
 > If so, have they been submitted to the FreeBSD team?

I'm looking at the FreeBSD-current mountd.c right now, and I see the
following snippet of code:

[ . . . ]
                /*
                 * Get the real pathname and make sure it is a directory
                 * or a regular file if the -r option was specified
                 * and it exists.
                 */
                if (realpath(rpcpath, dirpath) == 0 ||
                    stat(dirpath, &stb) < 0 ||
                    (!S_ISDIR(stb.st_mode) &&
                     (dir_only || !S_ISREG(stb.st_mode))) ||
[ . . . ]

Don't know if this is true in 2.1, but perhaps try passing the `-r' flag
to mountd when it's started ...

Seems rather silly to require passing that flag to mountd to get it to
export files, but whatever...