Subject: Re: netboots until...
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: michael smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/08/1996 23:01:53
On Mon, 8 Jan 1996, der Mouse wrote:

> >>   panic: nfs_boot: mountd swap, error = 72  /* XXX */
> > EBADRPC ... junk packet, maybe.  Perhaps buggy rpc.bootparamd...which
> > bootparamd is this?
>
> This sounds awfully familiar.  Isn't this characteristic of a server
> that refuses to NFS-export files, thinking for some reason that only
> directories are exportable?

The FreeBSD mountd believes this to be the case and requires patching
to allow NFS mounts of files.  The NetBSD one doesn't (odd, since they're
both based on the Guelph code).

The fix is trivial; if anyone wants the details they should pester me
as I'll have to unpack the NetBSD mountd code to diff it.

> 					der Mouse

Mike