Subject: Read-only filesystem while running miniboot
To: port-sun3 <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mauricio Tavares <raub@kushana.aero.ufl.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/07/1996 16:28:24
	After I ran edlabel and copied the miniroot by saying

ssh: dd if=/mnt/miniroot of=dev/rsd0b bs=32k (the online instructions say to
use bs=32k whereas the installation manual says bs=8k),

I rebooted the 3/50 using the recently created miniroot:

>b sd(0,0,1) -s

Now, when I try to run the install program, or write to the miniroot disk
for that matter, I get a message saying it is a read-only filesystem.
What may be wrong and how can I correct that?  BTW, /etc/fstab found in
the miniroot looks like this:

/dev/sd0b / ufs rw 1 1

which seems to me to say the partition /dev/sd0b can be written to.  Am I
missing something here?

--

| Mauricio Tavares          | "We will attack...                          |