Subject: netboot -> netbsd-rd -> miniroot?
To: port-sun3 <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mauricio Tavares <raub@kushana.aero.ufl.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/05/1996 14:47:34
	I am still having loads of fun with booting up the 3/50 diskless
so I can install NetBSD in its drive.  Here are more questions to my list:

	o Once netboot loads, what exactly does it do?  Looking at the
	  diskless(8) man page, it says it tries to get again the IP address
	  using rarp.  Well, how does it broadcast its plead?  How different
	  would it be from the one made by the PROM?

	o Once it gets the IP address, its the netbsd-rd file the
	  equivalent of the vmunix kernel?  What is the difference?

	o What about miniroot?  Where should it be?  What is it supposed
	  to do?

--

| Mauricio Tavares          | "We will attack...                          |