Subject: Re: Putting NetBSD-1.1 in the disk
To: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <PAPPIRES@novell.coppead.ufrj.br>
From: Reginald J. Reed <rjr@gomab.racal.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/04/1996 08:53:04
On Wed, 3 Jan 1996, Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires wrote:

> Perhaps my problem will sound a little stupid, but I have no idea on
> how to solve it.
>
> *** Stuff deleted ***
>
> The problem arrives when I try to boot from this disk.  I am not sure
> if bootstraping binaries were actually written after i have run
>
>         installboot ufsboot bootxx /dev/rsd0c
>
> because when I change booting device from le0 to sd(0,0,0) I get many
> different error messages from the ROM, from illegal instructions to

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that if you want to boot
from sd(0,0,0) that the correct installboot command would be:

	installboot ufsboot bootxx /dev/rsd0a

since rsd0a is the raw device for partition 0.
|Reginald J. Reed, MTS-II      | rjr@gomab.racal.com | E1L16 [office] |
|Network Management Engineering| 305-846-4778 [voice]| ISO 9000       |
|Racal-Datacom  Sunrise, FL    | 305-846-3244 [fax]  | "Clear Quality"|