Subject: SMD disk drivers (xd, xy)
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/25/1995 18:45:34
Chuck Cranor has just finished checking in a working "xy" driver
for the sparc port (which already has an "xd" driver as well).

Meanwhile, I've just finished catching up with various changes,
and have redesigned the DVMA facility that will be needed by the
(soon to be created) Sun3 versions of the xd and xy drivers.
The most important new feature is that dvma_mapin() can be used
in the driver interrupt routine.  (The driver should create its
mapping only when it is ready to start a transfer.)  All buffers
handed to a DVMA driver need to be mapped with dvma_mapin() -
even if B_PHYS is set.  (The vmapbuf/vunmapbuf functions now use
regular KV space to conserve the small DVMA space (only 1MB).

So, it is now time to get the xd and xy going on the sun3!
Would anyone with an Xylogics 450/451 care to work on the xy?
Would anyone with an Xylogics 7053 care to work on the xd?

I'll try to get the new DVMA stuff checked in this evening.
The new xy driver just went in, so with any luck, everything
you need should appear on sup.netbsd.org by tomorrow morning.

Gordon Ross