Subject: Re: Up and running... now for the improvements...
To: None <dgilbert@pci.on.ca>
From: David Jones <dej@achilles.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/16/1995 20:59:29
> 	2. The scsi driver for the 'si' (so slow!) and related

I am doing a MI 5380 driver as well as DMA/Interrupt stuff for the sun3.
The Sparc version can use my code pretty much as is with the exception of
DMA mapping and interrupt handling stuff.

Wanna help debug?  Get the current stuff from
http://www.achilles.net/~dej/5380.tar.gz"

> 	One last question.  zs0 seems to have an 'a' and a 'b'
> sub-device.  The kernel seems to detect a zs1 --- does that mean that
> there is anoter (possibly set) of serial ports?  The back of the
> memroy card has something that looks like a serial port.

There are two 8530 chips.  One does ttya and ttyb.  The other does keyboard
and mouse.

I'm not sure what the 9-pin port on the memory board is.  I have one too
on my Clearpoint Research boards.  It looks like a serial port and could very
well be.  There's a CPU and EPROM on the board, which looks like something to
do diagnostics with.