Subject: X-Windows on SUN 3/60
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gernot <Gernot.Fuchs@iac.tuwien.ac.at>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/12/1995 05:06:28
Hello,

I'm not sure if this list deals only with the development of the sun3 port or also with
problems of this port. If i send this mail to the wrong place, please pardon me.

My problem is the following: I currently tried to set-up 2 old SUN 3/60 as X-Windows
terminals. Loking around i stumbled across the SUN3 port of NetBSD. I got the binary
snapshot, installed it and got it working. Now i tried to install the binary snapshot
of the X-Windows stuff. I got the 3 tar files put them in place and tried to start it.
However xinit when invoked by itself or via startx gives the following error message:

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Now I've realized that I have neither a XConfig file in /usr/lib/X11 nor the devices
bwtwo etc. What I have is /dev/fb, if this is of any use in this case.

I'm on 2 SUN 3/60 one with monochrome and one with colour terminal. I hope you can help
me out of the trouble. Any help is appreciated.

-Gernot