Subject: shared library problems on current sun3 snapshot?
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: 'Most Excellent' Eric Mehlhaff <mehlhaff@crl.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/11/1995 22:58:29
I'm using a few sun3's ( 3/50's and a 3/160) mostly as diskless X terminals.
They're running with the latest snapshot installed, and work fine
most of the time. I've been trying to compile a new kernel on them, and after
a few minutes of compiling they get into a mode where basically none of
the statically linked binaries work any more.  They all get some mix of
segmentation errors  and/or buss errors, dropping cores all over the place.
I do a quick reboot and everything starts working find again.

Is this a known problem or something I should look further into? All the
sun3's I'm using display this behavior.  The 4 meg 3/50's display it faster,
so it may be related to swapping.

-Eric mehlhaf, mehlhaff@crl.com