Subject: Keyboard woes are over!
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Boven <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/09/1995 01:45:19
Hi all,

I'm very glad to announce that my Sun3/60's keyboard and mouse seem to be
back in full working order now. A friend of mine lent me a spare SCC, and
I opened my Sun a few days ago to put it in.  To my amazement, one of the
SCC's was not properly  seated in it's socket.  Pin 20 was bent under the
body of the IC, in such a way that it still made contact with the socket,
but obviously this was not a very secure connection.

After straightening this pin and reassembling the computer, there have
been no more troubles with the keyboard or mouse. Just for the record,
this was the first time I touched the SCC's, *I* usually put *all* the pins
in. Does anybody know wether the SCC that is farthest from the connectors
is indeed the one for keyboard/mouse (zs1a/b) ?

B.t.w., I know this mailing-list is for kernel-hacking etc., but I suggested
this might be a kernel bug a while ago, so this is just to tell everyone
that your keyboard/mouse routines are OK,  things have worked very well the
last few days.

P.S. Thanks to everyone that sent me the kernel/source sizes.

Happy hacking! - Paul.
 E=  /// Paul Boven <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl> pe1nut@pi8daz.#twe.nld
    /// A2000HD, AmiTCP_4.0b and GG-II+ ethernet   QRV 145.575 MHz JO32KF
\\\/// "Everybody knows we live in  a world where we don't give beautiful
 \XX/ things a second chance"    Beautiful, Afraid of Sunlight, Marillion