Subject: Re: RPC timeouts - We have liftoff :)
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ben Walters <bwal@nlu.nl.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/03/1995 22:35:47
   Well, it looks like I fixed my own problem with the RPC timeouts
during nfs_boot... I was playing the options to rpc.mountd under
Linux.  If I ran it so 'rpc.mountd -n -p' it suceeded and booted.  The
-n option allows mount requests to be honored even if they originate
from a port > 1023 and the -p option puts mountd into promiscous mode
(not exactly sure what that means).  Since the ports invovled were
701/1023, I'm guessing that it was -p that did the trick... I'll play
around with it more to find out for sure :)

   Anyhow, we finally reached that wonderful NetBSD login: prompt and
are feeling pretty pleased with ourselves... I can now write out the
full instructions to getting NetBSD-current to boot from a Linux
server.

  Ben & Bev

--
   __   _                                    Ben Walter  <bjw@gnu.ai.mit.edu>