Subject: Two build problems
To: None <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/31/1995 12:21:30
> Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 10:09:10 -0400
> From: der Mouse <mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu>

> I'm trying to do a full rebuild from source on a Sun-3.  As you can
> probably guess since I'm sending this message, I've had a little
> trouble.
>
> The source tree was supped a couple of weeks ago.  I'd be using a newer
> source tree, but shortly after I got this one, sup went nuts deleting
> directories right and left, and only recently has it recreated them,
> and it hasn't yet populated them with files again.  So I'm stuck
> working with an old source tree.
>
> First, a missing directory, or perhaps a stray SUBDIRS entry:
>
> ===> libnet
> cd: can't cd to /usr/src/sys/arch/sun3/stand/libnet
>
> Sure enough, that directory doesn't exist.  This I "fixed" by removing
> libnet from sys/arch/sun3/stand/Makefile.  Then I restarted and got
> something more serious:

That is correct.  I forgot to remove that.  Thanks.

> ===> xlint
> ===> lint1
> cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c cgram.c
> cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c scan.c
> cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c mem1.c
> cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c mem.c
> cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c err.c
> cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c main1.c
> cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c decl.c
> cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c tree.c
> cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c func.c
> cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c init.c
> cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c emit.c
> cc -O -I. -DXXX_BROKEN_GCC   -c emit1.c
> cc   -o lint1 cgram.o scan.o mem1.o mem.o err.o main1.o decl.o tree.o func.o init.o emit.o emit1.o -ll
> tree.o: Undefined symbol `___fixunsxfdi' referenced from text segment
> tree.o: Undefined symbol `___floatdixf' referenced from text segment
> tree.o: Undefined symbol `___floatdixf' referenced from text segment
> tree.o: Undefined symbol `___fixxfdi' referenced from text segment
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.

[ Here is the note about this that appeared on current-users. -gwr ]

From: jconklin@netcom.com (J.T. Conklin)
Subject: trouble with (new) lint fixed
To: current-users@netbsd.org
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 22:21:16 -0700 (PDT)

I've checked in a change to the libgcc makefile that compiles the
extended float/double integer conversion functions for the m68k.

This wasn't needed for the other architectures because either
dfmode==xfmode, or gcc knew how to open code the conversion.

Recompile and install libgcc, and then lint should compile fine.

	--jtc