Subject: boot trouble
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/25/1995 16:42:41
I'm trying to set up NetBSD/sun3 on a Sun-3/50.  I put the disk on
another Sun to partition it and install the binary snapshot; everything
went fine.  I stole /boot and the first-level boot block from a handy
Sun running release 3.5 (ancient, I know, but it was handy).

But when I try to boot....

	>b sd()netbsd -s
	Boot: sd(0,0,0)netbsd -s
	Load: sd(0,0,0)boot
	Boot: sd(0,0,0)netbsd
	Size: 583904Address Error, PC fetch at 000A5864

This looks very odd to me; it looks as though /boot is unhappy about
the kernel - but I can't see why it would care.  The same /boot works
fine for a SunOS 3.5 kernel, and there's no installboot analog for
bootblocks this old.

I also tried (hard)linking netbsd to vmunix and using "b sd()" to boot.
Exactly the same, except that the first two lines end just after the
close paren.

Anyone have any idea what's wrong, or what I can do about it?

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu