Subject: diskless; bootparam not working
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@confusion.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/19/1995 21:42:49
Well, I managed to fix my Sun 3/60, and in the process picked up a
diskless 3/50. I'm now trying to get the 3/50 to boot NetBSD from the
3/60, which is running SunOS 4.1.1. Everything works up until the RPC
/ BOOTPARAM / WHOAMI query, at which point the 3/50 says there is no
response from a bootparam server, and the debugging output from
`rpc.bootparamd -d` on the 3/60 is 'getclntent failed'. Any ideas? I'm
using resolv+ (order hosts,bind) on the 3/60, and I'm fairly certain
all the appropriate files are configured properly.

--
	       Michael K. Sanders :: msanders@confusion.net
      Free your system, and your mind will follow. NetBSD, free UN*X.

 The Confusion Network :: Creating Chaos out of Anarchy for a Better Tomorrow
 time taught the killing game herself