Subject: Re: Sun 3/60 power supply problem.
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/10/1995 21:30:48
> I hope this isn't too inappropriate of a question for this forum, but
> my sun 3/60 just blew it's power supply.  I am wondering whether
> anyone here know's whether it has the same power supply as a sun 3/50
> (I can get one of those)?

Yes, essentially.  You will likely need to hack on the connectors (I
specifically recall trouble with the fan connector), but every old
pizza-box Sun-3 I've opened up to look at (which means -3/50, -3/60,
and -3/75) has used basically compatible power supplies.

On the other hand, I've been doing a lot of power supply swapping (to
do the two dead machines to one working machine trick) recently...and
one of our machines blew its power supply even more recently.  I don't
know how closely matched the power supply capacities and system power
draws are; you may overload it, for all I know.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu