Subject: Me again, new fun
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott J. Ellentuch <tuc@tucslap.stormking.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/10/1995 15:28:41
Hello all,

	Well, I got through my "CRISIS" period with my 3/50.  I finally
got a replacement memory daughterboard, but am only running 8M right now.
I also re-installed from the new tarballs.

	When I started the system with the Jul 5 kernel, it felt better.
I don't know how to describe it, but it just felt more stable and was
running better.  Maybe it was all the work Gordon et al were putting into
it, or the increased memory.

	Of course, whats the first thing I wanted to do :

	cd /src
	cd include
	make install
	cd ..
	make

Well, this was at 11:00 at night.  I went to sleep and hoped that it would
do its thing.  I got up at 6:45 to learn that at 6:30 it started having
swapper problems.  Thats the LONGEST its ever run!  I shut down and
re-booted and decided to continue on.  Well, after the first module I
got a signal 11!  Shutdown again and came back up, and I got a message
about the NFS server not responding.  I decided to let it rest for a bit.

Is this (swap/proc) still an open item?

				Thanks, Scott