Subject: Re: Sun 3x kernel work to commence
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Geoff Adams <gadams@avernus.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/05/1995 18:50:15
Ah, yes.  The main thing that I had forgotten was Sun's invented PMMU.
So, I should be able to learn about the Sun PMMU from the sun3 code
currently in the source tree, and I have my 68030 references for the
030 internal implementation.  So, I ought to be in good shape...  I
hope!

Thanks a lot for the information about the machines, Glenn (and
benji)!  No, I don't know where to find the comp.sys.sun.* FAQs.

For now, I figure I'll leave the device drivers for later.  I plan
to grab the sm driver from the sparc port, and otherwise piece
together whatever I can.  The main challenge there, I suppose, will
be my P4 mono framebuffer.  Until that works, I can try to use the
PROM tty console stuff, assuming that it will be similar enough to
the sun3 version that I can get it going easily.

Anyway, I'm still in the planning and research phase of the project.
My next steps will be to build a sun3x kernel source tree, and then
try to get the startup code not to Bus Error.  :)  (I figure that'll
be the main part of the project.)

- Geoff