Subject: Re: Thanks for FDESC
To: None <gwr@mc.com>
From: Kenneth Stailey <kstailey@leidecker.gsfc.nasa.gov>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/04/1995 09:41:01
> Though I'm not sure where I am supposed to mount [the file desc file system].

You mount it on /dev/fd and "ln -s /dev/fd/0 /dev/stdin" etc.

At least this is the way SysVR4 did it.  This was the first place I
saw a file descriptor file system (it was a beta SysVR4 ~1990.)

Then "compress" gets /dev/std* that it needs.

> I'd like to keep people happy.  The more hackers the better!

Please put netbsd.gen up on ftp.netbsd.org or mail me all of the SunOS
shared libs that it takes to build a kernel.

P.S. I tried to rebuild all of the libs using -current from March 18th
and the only one that didn't seem to work was libc.so.12.1

The problem was that this test program printed a huge value for errno
instead of "2".

#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>

#include <errno.h>
#include <stdio.h>

main()
{
        struct stat sbuf;

        if (stat("/quux", &sbuf) < 0)
                fprintf(stderr, "%d\n", errno);
}

The static libc worked fine.  I could try again with libc.so.12.2 RSN.