Subject: FPU emulation...
To: None <thorpej@SJ.Xenotropic.COM>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/24/1995 10:07:34
> From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@sj.xenotropic.com>
> Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 22:10:23 -0800

> Well, I went out and got myself a 3/50 (so I'd stop dinking with them at
> work...)  'course, I don't have an FPU (yet) -- so, while I'm digging
> 'round trying to find one, I'm wondering what I can do...the last I
> looked, the FPU emulation wasn't all quite there...

The FPU emulation only handles fmovm (used to save/restore FP regs)
but that is enough to let you boot up a machine with no FPU.
To use this, you have to patch the variable fpu_type to zero.

That fpu_type variable should be set dynamically.  I have a start
on the code to do this - let me know if you want to finish it up.

Gordon