Subject: Runs SunOS binaries (see sparc sun shared lib notes)
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kenneth Stailey <kstailey@leidecker.gsfc.nasa.gov>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/17/1995 15:49:34
ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/sun3/doc.sun3.tar.gz(STATUS) says:

> Runs SunOS binaries (see sparc sun shared lib notes)

Where are these notes?  There not in ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc,
ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/usr/src/distrib/sparc, or
ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc

I want to build a NetBSD/sun3 kernel by running the SunOS/sun3 cross
compiler binaries under NetBSD/sun3.  I get a message about "no
/usr/lib/ld.so".  I assume you need the SunOS/sun3 /usr/lib/ld.so,
since the NetBSD/sun3 one just segmentation faults if you copy it into
/usr/lib.  Do you also need the SunOS/sun3 shared libraries?

If it's just the ld.so could someone send it to me?

FYI: attempts to run NetBSD/i386 binaries on NetBSD/sun3 cause kernel
panics instead of "Exec format error. Wrong Architecture." messages.

P.S. Thanks for the quick update of the source tree re: 'removing wired pmeg'.
I don't think any OS vendor would have acted so quickly on my behalf.