Subject: Well...it sorta works...
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/06/1995 10:14:34
> From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
> Date: Fri, 03 Feb 1995 21:31:08 -0800

> Ok - I'm almost to where I can make this bloody 260 go...

> But now, the thing only runs in diagnostic mode...When put into normal
> mode, the machine displays nothing on the serial console (the cgtwo has
> been removed, but it still has a bwtwo on the cpu board).  So, when not
> in diag mode the following happens with the leds:

> 	O <----- blinks

That means the self-tests have passed and it is ready to boot.

> ...and the machine goes no-where.  My only guess is that it's trying to
> bwtwo and keyboard, failing to find a keyboard and dropping into the
> monitor.  'Course, I have zero documentation, and so this is only a
> guess...Is this ineed what is happening?

Right, it's trying to use the graphics console.  The diag switch
forces console interaction onto ttya.  Use q to get from the diag
program out to the monitor prompt, then use this incantation:

	> q 1f
	EEPROM 01f: 00? 10
	EEPROM 020: 00? q

There!  Now you have set the console to ttya.

Gordon