Subject: VME configuration...
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/02/1995 17:39:11
Folks -

I have this quasi-dead 3/260 sitting in a machine room downstairs from my
office.  It has what appears to be a dead frame buffer.  Pulling that
board resulted in it happily talking to a serial console whilst in diag
mode.  Unfortunately, every attempt to talk to any device on the VME (as
opposed to the main board) results in a bus timeout.  So, it appears that
I need to reconfigure the backplane.

Heh - unfortuantely, I have zero manuals for this puppy.  So, can a VME
expert point me at the info I need?  It has a mainboard, 2 Xylogics
controllers (2 xy disks and 1 xt tape...), and what appears to be a
memory board...

Thx...

Moffet Field, CA 94035                                 Pager: 415.428.6939