Subject: sun3 zs ports
To: None <jaw@magoo.roc.ny.us>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@jericho.mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/29/1994 10:49:50
> Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1994 22:55:42 -0500
> From: Jeff Weisberg <jaw@magoo.roc.ny.us>

> (On another note, this port seems a bit unstable, I assume
> this is as expected and not just me?)

Well, my (3/60) test machine has been pretty stable, so send
bug reports.  (reproducible bugs preferred :-)

There is one strange bug I've been having trouble reproducing:
When I copy a file from NFS to either NFS or SCSI, the file
will often have a block of garbage where the garbage looks
suspiciously like the client's Ethernet address.  I suspect
the "le" driver, and may try switching to mycroft's latest.

Anyway, if this occurs on diskless machines, the result will
be seriously broken programs (i.e. unexplained SIGSEGV's).

Gordon