Subject: sun3 zs ports
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeff Weisberg <weisberg@gyrus.neurology.rochester.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/27/1994 13:59:28
I just recently brought up NetBSD (semi-current) on
one of my sun3 boxes. Under SunOS, I am able to use the
kbd and mouse serial lines as regular serial ports (as
tty[cd] using minors 2 & 3, and the approp' hardware
adapter). I'd like to do this under NetBSD as well. Going
thru zs.c, I find (in zsopen):

	if (zs >= zscd.cd_ndevs || (zi = zscd.cd_devs[zs]) == NULL ||
	    unit == ZS_KBD || unit == ZS_MOUSE)
		return (ENXIO);

bobbitting out the unit == tests, almost works. I can now
send stuff to terminals on these ports, but I'm having
trouble getting anything from the terminals.

I assume that the tests are there for a reason, what else
ought I be banging on?

thanks
	--jeff