Subject: sun3
To: None <hls@oce.nl>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@jericho.mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/10/1994 20:28:20
> From: hls@oce.nl (Harry Schreurs)
> Return-Receipt-To: hls@oce.nl
> Date: Wed, 11 May 94 02:58:32 +0200
> Sender: hls@oce.nl

> I would like to report a partial succes. I recently joined this
> mailing list. Until yesterday I had several problems getting a working
> kernel and when I finally got one, I was confronted with the dreaded:
>
> 	Watchdog Reset!
>
> At first I couldn't explain this behaviour, but then I realized that
> I had no FP coprocessor installed. I removed the line with:
>
> 	options FPCOPROC
>
> from the file 'std.sun3' and no more 'Watchdog Reset'.

Maybe someone could develop a 68881 probe and make the FPCOPROC stuff
automatically turn off when there is no floating point unit.

> I forgot to mention that I also had to change 'prom.c', because typedef
> timeout_t has disappeared. I have appended to diffs to this message.

The prom console has been replaced by the zs console.

> 	panic: rminit
>
> Does anybody know what's wrong?
I think your sources must be out of date.

> Is the source tree on sun-lamp stable enough?

Well, the common sources are changing quite a bit at the moment, so
there are days when the sun3 port will not compile.  It depends on
how much the core team changes things.  I am trying to keep up with
things to within a day or two.  Last time I checked (Monday) it built
and booted successfully.

Gordon W. Ross			  Internet: <gwr@mc.com>
Mercury Computer Systems	Voice mail: 508-256-0052x295
199 Riverneck Road		Front desk: 508-256-1300
Chelmsford, MA 01824-2820	 Facsimile: 508-256-3599