Subject: None
To: None <port-sun3@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Eric Volpe <epv@panix.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/26/1994 05:42:11
Trying to build a kernel from the tarfile source, I can't get mkdep to
work right... mkdep.gcc.sh gives invalid command lines for cpp whether I
use the gcc cpp or the sunos cpp.  This is gcc 2.5.8, incidentally.

Secondly, without make depending (i know, but I had to try it. :) It
compiles straight through, then can't find the following things when
linking:

ld -X -n -N -e start -T 0E004000 -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o ../libkern.a
Undefined
_nexecs
_execsw
_exec_maxhdrsz

 I suppose this could be because of not make depending, but
1) where do I find a mkdep / cpp that work with this? The netbsd
   versions don't seem to.
2) Where are those 3 symbols defined?

Sorry for the beginners questions. I'm just getting into the port.

			eric@lancelot.cif.rochester.edu

oh, incidentally the kernel it generated boots partly... gets up to
"prom0 at mainbus0" and hangs.